1. Information I collect in regards to sanctuary-studio's online shop.
To fulfil your chainmaille jewellery order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised PayPal to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of handcrafted chainmaille jewellery or supplies, for example), if you contact me directly.
If you wish to sign up to my mailing list I take screen shots of designated posts where you signed up for this or I retain your message where you gave me your details for the list I manage on mail chimp you can unsubscribe at any time, I take screenshots (for the purpose of GDPR) and store in my Phone/Pad which is password protected and delete posts to protect privacy. Please note if you choose to leave your contact details on my page feed or in my FB group , these are a public forum and it may be seen by the general public - I suggest that you message me with your details for better data protection
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business.
I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Facebook (applicable if you buy from me via Facebook). In providing me information over Messenger you acknowledge that this information cannot be deleted. However the information is only available to me and kept password protected.
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, these are Royal Mail and other well known delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
7. How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Karen Sharp, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org